Quirky Pencil Case (2 fat quarters)
The diagonal zip gives this simple pencil case a bit of a twist. The second fat quarter makes the lining; the two fat quarters give you enough to make three pouches.
Striking Pocket Organizer (4 fat quarters)
Fussy-cutting symmetrical designs from the fat quarters makes the fabric the star in these simple wall pockets.
Retro Ring Placemats (6 fat quarters)
The freeform, interwoven bias rings are a version of the technique I'm demoing for the retreaters tomorrow morning! Designing the pair of placemats was kind of a puzzle to squeeze out two placemat tops, two backs, binding, and the bias strips from the six fat quarters while keeping a variety of fabrics in each mat.
Check out the book for another 47 fun projects, and keep following along with the contributor blog hop!
- Monday 1st June - Jo Avery - myBearpaw
- Tuesday 2nd June - Liz Betts - BetsyBetts
- Wednesday 3rd June - Ali Burdon - VeryBerryHandmade
- Thursday 4th June - Jesse Fincham - MessyJesse
- Friday 5th June - Louise Horler - SewScrumptious
- Monday 8th June - Kevin Kosbab - Feed Dog
- Tuesday 9th June - Emily Levey - StrawberryPatchRamblings
- Wednesday 10th June - Cynthia Shaffer
- Thursday 11th June - Kaye Prince - MissPrint
- Friday 12th June - Ame Verso - StitchCraftCreate