Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Free pattern: CD/FQ Box

CD/FQ Box

Timeless Treasures sent me some cool fabric to design a project with (thanks!), and since I’m always short on boxes to chuck fabric and other supplies in, I took the dimensions from some other boxes I use to store fat quarters and came up with this DIY version. The boxes I’d bought were made for CDs but work beautifully for fat quarters, so I’ve called my version a CD/FQ Box—use to corral your clutter of choice.

CD/FQ Box

The handle strap wraps around the bottom of the box to support it, and the instructions describe two ways of finishing the handles: the loose version shown above, and the tighter one I used on the other end:

CD/FQ Box

Download the PDF pattern here, and stop by Timeless Treasures’ blog SEW Timeless for more projects. And while sewing the box up, as always, beware of feline intervention…

CD/FQ Box

3 comments:

Misty said...

Wow, thanks for the great pattern! I will definitely give this a try. Your kitty looks very cute squished in that box!

pasqueflower said...

Thanks for the pattern! Decluttering is a constant challenge. What a pretty and practical idea!

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

Pat said...

Thanks for the pattern. We know it must be great when the cat tries to crawl into it.