The entries are in for the AccuQuilt block design contest—who wins the Go Baby cutter and dies depends on whose block is your favorite. Take a look at all the entries, then vote at the bottom of the post (votes are limited to one per person/IP address, so choose carefully!). Voting ends Sunday, September 4 at 11:59pm PT.
I’m thrilled that these blocks use AccuQuilt dies in clever ways I never would have thought of. The dies each designer used are listed so we can all benefit from their creativity. In general I’ve listed extra info the designers sent regarding block size, specific die shapes used, etc.—a couple designers also sent pictures of quilt layouts using their blocks, but in fairness to everybody I’m just posting the blocks themselves. But keep potential block settings in mind when picking your favorite!
Thanks and good luck to everyone who entered, and thanks for voting!
Dies used (10" × 10" block):
- 55007 Round Flower (for the outer eye, inner eye, feet, forehead, and beak)
- 55328 Tulip (for the wings)
- 55331 Stems and Leaves (for the ear tufts, branch, and leaves)
- 55036 Apple Core (for the body)
- 55041 Fall Medley (pumpkin, acorns, and leaves)
Dies used (12" × 12" block):
- 55021 Value Die (4½" square for nine-patch background)
- 55012 Circles (2" circle)
- 55041 Fall Medley (acorns and leaves)
- 55331 Stems and Leaves (slightly curved stem)
Dies used (starting from a basket block in the EQ7 Block Library):
- 55331 Stems and Leaves (overlapped large and small leaves, branched and S-shaped stems)
- 55042 Funky Flowers (overlapped “flower that looks like a fat man figure”—I love that description!)
- 55334 Fun Flower (overlapped)
- 55045 Rose of Sharon (overlapped circles).
- 55054 Strip Cutter – 4½" (for nine-patch background)